101RECIPES Chocolate and coffee muffin
Chocolate and coffee come together in a soft and fragrant embrace as only muffins can make: a single recipe for a double goodness!
Ingredients for 12 muffins
- 210 g of flour 0
- 50 g of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 80 g of granulated sugar
- 80 g of light cane sugar
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 180 ml whole milk
- 60 ml of premium Napoletano coffee
- 110 g of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 6 walnut kernels roughly chopped
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
Ingredients for crispy coating
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Take a large bowl, sift flour and cocoa powder together.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, granulated sugar and light brown sugar. Mix everything together.
- In another bowl, mix egg, milk, coffee, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula. Dough must remain fairly lumpy. Finally, add nuts and chocolate chips.
- Mix the ingredients for the crunchy coating: dark brown sugar, chopped walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Spread dough into baking cups and sprinkle them with coating.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack before tasting them.