101RECIPES: Coffee Bavarese
Bavarian is a French dessert based on English cream, whipped cream and jelly. The most popular variations of this dessert with a velvety consistency are mainly fruit-based … but we at 101CAFFE’, greedy and stubborn espresso lovers, offer it to you with coffee and chocolate.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 2 cups of coffee Napoletano Premium
- 60 g of granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 170 g of fresh cream
- 170 g of whole milk
- 6 g of fish glue
- dark chocolate to decorate
- Thoroughly mix yolks with sugar in a bowl. Add the milk flush, stirring constantly. Transfer everything to a thick-bottomed saucepan and bring over very low heat.
- Also add coffee and cook stirring constantly with a whisk until the cream, while remaining fluid, will not leave a veil on a spoon. The flame must remain low throughout the cooking time. Turn off and let cool.
- Soak fish glue in a bowl with cold water for about ten minutes. Squeeze it carefully and transfer it to the still hot cream. Stir until completely dissolved. Let it cool down.
- Cover cream with plastic wrap and transfer it to the refrigerator for about ten minutes. In the meantime, whip cream very cold. Add it to cream, incorporating it with a spatula with slow movements from the bottom upwards.
- Quickly rinse single-portion muffin-sized molds. Distribute mixture in the molds and leave to rest in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- To easily bake Bavarians, remember to dip molds for a few seconds in hot water before turning desserts into single dessert plates. Melt a little dark chocolate in a bain-marie and distribute it over the single portions.