101RECIPES: Coffee Granita
Coffee granita with cream is one of the typical summer breakfast of Messina.
It is usually enjoyed at the bar, in complete tranquility, for a fresh and relaxing start to the day!
Get ready for a trip to Sicilian land with this delicious recipe.
- 150 g of sugar
- 4 cups of coffee – We advise you to choose between Sicilian coffee roasters
- 200 g of whip cream
- 30 g of vanilla sugar
- Put sugar in a saucepan with 2 glasses of water and bring to a boil
- Remove syrup from heat and add coffee, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Let the mixture cool completely, then pour it into the ice trays.
- Keep it in the fridge for 2-3 hours, mixing it every 30 minutes.
- Whip the cream, after adding vanilla sugar.
- After the recommended time, distribute granita in 4 glasses.
- Put the cream in a pastry syringe and decorate as desired.
Serve it immediately accompanied by coffee! 😄