101RECIPES: Coffee Macarons
What we offer today is the delicious recipe for coffee macarons: soft meringues that embrace a smooth filling of espresso cream.
Already diffused in 1500 near French courtyards, macarons are, by now, part of many bakeries shop windows, also the Italian ones.
With their tastes and colors, they are a pleasure for your eyes and palate!
Find out how to prepare them and make even more aromatic with our Sicilian coffee.
Ingredients for 15 macarons
- 110 g of almond flour
- 200 g of powdered sugar
- 10 g of cocoa
- 40 g of granulated sugar
- 90 g of egg whites
- 100 ml fresh cream
- 200 g white chocolate
- 1 espresso
- Sicilia coffee powder, as required
- Sift almond flour, icing sugar and cocoa.
- Add dry ingredients to whipped egg whites and mix thoroughly.
- Continue stirring until all ingredients are well blended and dough will look smooth and shiny.
- Fill pastry bag with a smooth nozzle and form macarons on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Beat pans gently so that dough is lowered and distributed evenly.
- Let macarons rest for 30 minutes.
- This step is very important because it allows surface to remain smooth.
- Cook at 140°C for 22 minutes.
Prepare cream by melting chocolate and cream in the microwave, then add espresso, mixing well.
Let cool in the refrigerator for about an hour and mount with an electric mixer until you get a compact cream.
Fill macarons and decorate them with coffee powder.