101RECIPES: Coffee shortcrust pastry biscuits
A delicate balance of sweetness and intensity for a shortcrust coffee biscuit, crisp, crumbly and tasty.
Ingredients for 10 people
- 10 g ground Sicilian coffee
- 300 g of flour 00
- 150 g of butter
- 100 g of powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 yolk of egg
- Work sugar with butter until it is creamy.
- Make a fountain with flour, sprinkle with ground coffee and pour in the center the butter with sugar previously worked.
- Then add eggs and yolk to the fountain and start mixing ingredients together, mixing them slowly.
- Knead until you get a smooth pastry and leave it to rest in the fridge for about an hour.
- Roll out pastry with a rolling pin on a cutting board, leaving it in the thickness in which you want to have the cookies.
- With molds of different shapes, cut out cookies.
- Put them on baking paper and cook at 180° C for about 10-12 minutes.
- Finally, decorate them as you like.