101RECIPES Halloween cookies
Halloween is coming: how about making your kids scare with some showy cookies?
The recipe we propose is composed of two phases: the first where we make short pastry for biscuits and the second where we create fillings and make biscuits.
Prepare flour and let’s do it!
Ingredients for short pastry
- 200 g of flour 00
- 120 g of butter
- 120 g of sugar
- 1 egg
- a teaspoon of baking powder
Ingredients for fillings
- 250 grams of mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 1 glass of Nocciolino, one of Pistachetto or one of Vaniglietta
- 350 grams of whipped cream
- Chopped pistachios | chopped hazelnuts | Chocolate drops
Preparation of short pastry
- Take butter, cut it into pieces and soften it
- Put it in a bowl with sugar and flour
- Depending on cookie you want to make add cocoa, vanilla or hazelnut
- Work everything until you get a homogeneous and soft dough
- Let everything rest for one hour in the refrigerator by wrapping the dough in a film
- Pick up the dough, roll it out and helping yourself with the most sparkly shapes, make the biscuits
- Put biscuits in oven at 180° for 20 minutes
Please check them, not all ovens are the same and it may be that your cookies need more or less time in oven.
Preparation of fillings
- Take mascarpone and icing sugar and mix them in a large bowl
- Depending on filling you’re making, add a glass of:
- And mix all with an electric whip
- Add whipped cream and mix everything with a wooden spoon
- Depending on filling you’re making, add:
Chopped pistachio nuts
Drops of chocolate
Now you just have to combine cookies and fillings as you like and your Halloween will be your table 🙂
You can think of changing biscuits taste by adding cocoa, vanilla or hazelnuts to short pastry and mixing fillings flavors and biscuits such as cocoa biscuit and pistachio filling.