These small coffee ice cream treats are inspired by an ancient local Genoese recipe: the Panera, which seems to have been born from the clumsiness of a worker at a dairy, who one day dropped some ground coffee into a bowl of cream.
Throw it away? Of course not! With a bit of imagination, that mistake was transformed into an innovative dessert for those times, which became known as “Panera” (black cream).
The Panerine have taken inspiration from this beautiful story and added a modern approach, becoming small ice creams treats that you can prepare in a quick, simple and delicious way.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 500 ml of fresh whipping cream
- 300 ml of condensed milk in a tube (the Nestlé one is excellent)
- 50 ml of coffee (i.e. 1 cup), better if strong, such as the Napoletano
- Prepare the coffee with the moka coffee maker or with a machine with pods or capsules: the important thing is to use a strong coffee and make it ristretto
- When it is ready, pour it into a cup in which you will also pour the condensed milk, which you’ll dissolve in the coffee
- Once dissolved, let it cool
- Now whip the cream with a whisk or electric mixer. When the cream is nice and firm, add the cooled mixture a little at a time. Don’t stop using the whisk as you pour
- Once the mixture is poured, you can put it in an ice cream maker. If you don’t have such a device, you can just divide the mixture into several small bowls and put them in the freezer for a couple of hours until the Panerine have become solid.
Now you can equip yourself with a spoon and enjoy the Panerine in good company!
Discover the 101CAFFE''s recipes
101RECIPES: Coffee breadsticks Grissini breadsticks are one of the baked specialties that best represent Italy across the world. Created in the Turin area in 1675, they are now one of the most versatile foods in Italian cuisine, used as bread substitutes, as a snack...
101RECIPES: Coffee Meringues Small cakes for big sweet-lovers: meringue is one of the most popular and best-loved specialities worldwide. Light, crumbly, easily digestible; meringues can be enjoyed in a variety of ways: on their own or as a garnish for desserts, plain...
101RECIPES: Christmas Spirit hot rum punch Christmas spirit is in the air… And we also encapsulate it in a beautiful glass, in a hot rum punch: to satisfy the spirit and also all the 5 senses. Its warmth that spreads to your hands and heart, its evocative fragrances,...