These small coffee ice cream treats are inspired by an ancient local Genoese recipe: the Panera, which seems to have been born from the clumsiness of a worker at a dairy, who one day dropped some ground coffee into a bowl of cream.
Throw it away? Of course not! With a bit of imagination, that mistake was transformed into an innovative dessert for those times, which became known as “Panera” (black cream).
The Panerine have taken inspiration from this beautiful story and added a modern approach, becoming small ice creams treats that you can prepare in a quick, simple and delicious way.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 500 ml of fresh whipping cream
- 300 ml of condensed milk in a tube (the Nestlé one is excellent)
- 50 ml of coffee (i.e. 1 cup), better if strong, such as the Napoletano
- Prepare the coffee with the moka coffee maker or with a machine with pods or capsules: the important thing is to use a strong coffee and make it ristretto
- When it is ready, pour it into a cup in which you will also pour the condensed milk, which you’ll dissolve in the coffee
- Once dissolved, let it cool
- Now whip the cream with a whisk or electric mixer. When the cream is nice and firm, add the cooled mixture a little at a time. Don’t stop using the whisk as you pour
- Once the mixture is poured, you can put it in an ice cream maker. If you don’t have such a device, you can just divide the mixture into several small bowls and put them in the freezer for a couple of hours until the Panerine have become solid.
Now you can equip yourself with a spoon and enjoy the Panerine in good company!
Discover the 101CAFFE''s recipes
101RECIPES101RECIPES: Touba coffee creamer Unconventional flavors in a recipe in perfect harmony between sugar and pepper, all brought together in a cold dessert that requires no cooking, is easy and quick to make. Naturally, with coffee.You’ll need an electric whisk,...
101RECIPES101RECIPES: Ginseng Frappé Frappé is that "special thing" that combines the notions of a drink, a food, a snack and a treat: definitely one of the symbols of summer everywhere.In this recipe, the leading role is played by ginseng, a root that comes from far...
101RECIPES101RECIPES: Ginger Coffee SorbetIngredients 250 g of coffee 250 g of water 50 ml of liquid cream 100 g of muscovado cane sugar Preparation Make the ginger coffee with a 6 mocha Let it cool for a few minutes Pour into a tureen where you will also add the...