101RECIPES Rustic coffee biscuits
Today we joke you with coffee flavored shortbread biscuits, crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside! Easy and quick to prepare, they are ideal to serve with a cup of milk or tea. Try to prepare them too, perhaps using a decaffeinated coffee or instant barley, adding dried fruit or chocolate chips to taste.
- 160 g of butter
- 150 g of sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 teaspoons of instant coffee
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 420 g of 00 flour
- 6 g of baking powder
- In a bowl, whip butter, sugar, vanilla seeds and instant coffee.
- Add eggs one at a time and stir until they are completely mixed.
- Sift flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt inside the dough, and mix well until it forms a compact and smooth dough.
- Wrap it in cling film and store it in the refrigerator for 15/30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Lining two baking paper plates. Make small balls like walnuts with dough.
- Available on the well-spaced plates. Bake and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven as soon as they begin to brown on the surface and cracks have formed.
- Let biscuits cool down while waiting to serve them.