101RECIPES: Coffee chicken, a recipe worthy of Masterchef
It was one of the most difficult MasterChef challenges: combine chicken with coffee.
Some of the recipes proposed by the aspiring Masters could be difficult to reproduce at home, but not the recipe we are proposing below.
Chicken nuggets with coffee
- Preparation time: 24h
- Cooking time: 30min
- Difficulty: simple
- 5 – 6 cups of coffee
- These are our experts proposals:
Light Arabica: Grigna, from city of Lecco roasting
Medium intensity: Jamm’ja, from Campania region roasting
Intense and full-bodied: Intenso, from Piedmont region roasting
- Black and pink pepper berries to taste
- 1 Celery
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- Salt to taste
- Prepare 5-6 cups of coffee. If you make them with your moka we recommend reading “i 9 segreti +1 per un moka perfetta” (9 secrets +1 for a perfect moka)
- Marinate chicken in coffee for 24 hours, adding pink and black pepper berries
- Remove chicken from marinade (but keep the latter), dry it, cut it into pieces and cook it in a pan with oil
- In another pan, sauté celery, carrot, onion and then add a little vegetable stock and some milk
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes and add chicken marinade with pepper and a pinch of salt
- Blend the resulting sauce
- Serve chicken with sauce and sesame seeds
Some suggestion, as a side dish
Surely you won’t go wrong with potatoes or black and basmati rice.
You can also consider the idea of adding steamed seasonal vegetables.