101RECIPES: Carnival chatter with coffee taste
They are called either Chiacchiere, Frappe, Bugie, Cenci, Galani … depending upon the region, delicious pastries for Carnival, according to the original Italian recipe, to taste in coffee version!
- 300 g of flour 00
- 100 g of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of Napoletano coffee
- half vanilla berry seeds
- a pinch of salt
- seed oil, as required
- powdered sugar, as required
How to proceed
- Put sifted flour on the pastry board.
- Make a hollow in the center and pour sugar, eggs, oil, Napoletano coffee and salt.
- Knead until everything is well incorporated.
- Form a dough, wrap it in a cloth or in food foil and store in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Roll out the dough into a very thin puff pastry, cut out Carnival chatter in rectangles or with special cookie molds.
- Fry them in seed oil, drip them on absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar or with topping by “Le Sfiziosità®” range
Let us know how they are!