From home, to beauty, to garden: “101” ways to reuse coffee grounds
Before throwing coffee grounds, let’s think about it: they can be reused for home, garden and for your beauty care: it is possible, for example, to obtain a body scrub, clean the surfaces of your house, or make compost richer.
We would like to give you some practical advice on how to reuse coffee grounds for body care and for our “beauty with coffee“. Let’s see them together:
- to remove bad smells from hands just rub coffee grounds between your hands and then rinse with warm water
- as a hair highlighter, a small amount of coffee grounds can be added during henna preparation to have naturally dark reflections on one’s hair. Otherwise, with leftover, cold and very diluted coffee, you can make the second last rinse of your hair to revive color
- as a body scrub, by mixing coffee grounds with olive oil, until obtaining a compound to be massaged on skin
- for an energizing foot bath, excellent for curbing sweating and keeping bad odors at bay, to be prepared by diluting leftover coffee in lukewarm water; with coffee grounds you can also massage your feet to soften rough areas
- as a face mask, suitable to make skin smooth and very easy to prepare, to massage and hold for 15-20 minutes before rinsing. To be obtained by mixing 2 tablespoons of coffee grounds, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons of milk or yogurt, also vegetable, 1 teaspoon of honey or malt
- for homemade soap coffee grounds are used as an ingredient in leftover soaps reworking, especially if they are made of Marseille soap. By following various recipes, you can get an excellent soap suitable for hand washing, to be used also in kitchen
- as an anti-cellulite treatment, for women who have always struggled with water retention, to be prepared by combining coffee grounds with brown sugar and olive or coconut oil, without exaggerating with oil, until getting a spreadable compound to be massaged, with circular movements, on the affected areas for about 15 minutes before rinsing. If you like a stronger anti-cellulite effect, spread the mixture on the damaged areas and cover them with plastic wrap. Leave on for 15 minutes and then rinse.
In addition to our “beauty with coffee”, coffee grounds can be used in various ingenious ways. Here you will find other useful tips, to be experimented and put into practice immediately: we have tried them and they have given us excellent results!