101RECIPES: Crumbled cake with coffee and ricotta
The aroma of coffee floods the kitchen, we gently mix ricotta, while already tasting our crumbled cake.
Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, it is perfect to enjoy with a cup of tea or hot chocolate!
You too can try to prepare it following our recipe.
Ingredients for a 20 cm mold
- 300 g 00 flour
- 15 g of Gran Milano ground coffee
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 sachet of vanillin
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 100 g melted butter
- 1 egg
Ingredients for ricotta cream
- 250 g ricotta
- 50 g icing sugar
- 20 g of sweet cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Lining a hinged mold with parchment paper.
- Prepare the base by mixing together the flour with sugar, coffee, salt, vanillin and baking powder.
- Add melted butter and work with a wooden spoon or by hand.
- Add a beaten egg and continue mixing the mixture.
- You should get a crumbled and sandy dough. Try also to work it by hand, to create crumbs of different sizes. Put it aside.
- For the cream, add to ricotta sugar and sweet cocoa. Stir and mix well with a hand whisk.
- On the bottom of the mold, create a layer of 2 cm crumbs. Compact them slightly, to make them coarsely join together.
- Pour ricotta cream in the center, and with the help of a spoon, spread it without touching the edges of the mold. Now cover everything with the remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 180° C for 40 minutes. If necessary, cover with aluminum foil.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for a couple of hours in the refrigerator, so that cream solidifies better and it is easier to slice the crumb.