101RECIPES: Coffee Bonet
Our trip to Piedmont (a region of Italy) ended with a typical local dessert: Bonet (or “Bünet”) with coffee. Similar to créme caramel, it is more appealing and balanced in flavor, to taste with coffee and rum
- 1 dl and a half of coffee
- 400 g of fresh cream
- 80 – 100 g of sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 dl of milk
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of rum
Ingredients for caramel:
- 100 g of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Put sugar, water, lemon juice, put it on the heat and let it caramelize.
- Pour caramel into a 1/2 liter capacity mold and move the container so that it veils the entire interior.
- In a saucepan, bring milk and cream to boil with sugar.
- In a bowl, work yolks with a ladle, mix them first with rum and then with coffee
- Combine two compounds and pour them into the caramelized mold.
- Cook in a bain-marie in a hot oven at 180° C for about an hour.
- Withdraw, allow bonet to cool, put it on a serving plate and keep it in the fridge until served.
- You can garnish it as you like, even with chocolate leaves that can be purchased at bakery.