101RECIPES: Cream and ricotta semifreddo with coffee
Today we prepare an exquisite dessert based on cream, ricotta, sugar and coffee, served with abundant and delicious coffee caramel.
Ingredients for semifreddo
- 200 ml of fresh liquid cream
- 250 g of buffalo ricotta
- 100 g of icing sugar
- 4 g of gelatin in sheets (2 sheets)
- 1 vanilla bean
- ½ teaspoon of ground coffee
- 2 tablespoons of espresso Napoletano Premium
Ingredients for coffee caramel
- 150 g of sugar
- 90 g espresso coffee Napoletano Premium
- To prepare cream and ricotta semifreddo with coffee, soak the gelatine sheets in a little cold water, for at least 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, place ricotta, cream, icing sugar, seeds of 1 vanilla bean, 2 tablespoons of espresso and ground coffee in a mixer, then blend everything for a few minutes until a creamy mixture is obtained.
- Pour the mixture into a pan, put it on low heat, and slowly let it cool.
- Once the temperature is reached, drain and squeeze the gelatin sheets very well, then add it to the mixture, then mix until it dissolves completely (it will take a few minutes).
- Turn off the heat and pour the mixture into the semifreddo molds.
- Cool the mixture well in the molds and then transfer them to the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours.
- Half an hour before serving your semifreddos, prepare coffee caramel: put sugar in a saucepan from the bottom and, over low heat, melt it completely, until it has reached an amber complexion.
- At this point, incorporate 90 g of espresso coffee, always on low heat, and continue stirring so as to mix everything. As soon as you get a smooth and fluid mixture, turn off the heat and let it cool, stirring occasionally.
- When semifreddos are ready, remove them from the refrigerator and, to remove them from the molds with greater ease, dip them for a few seconds in hot water, then turn them upside down on a serving plate and take them out.
- Finally, garnish the desserts with coffee caramel and, if you wish, with some roasted or chocolate coated coffee beans. Alternatively, you can use dark chocolate curls.