101RECIPES: Semifreddo with Tiramisù
Savoiardi, coffee and mascarpone: today we want to amaze you with the semifreddo version of tiramisù, original and equally delicious. The base is the classic one, with savoiardi soaked in coffee and a delicious cream based on cream, mascarpone and meringue, but we reveal a trick: to flavor the cream without making it dark, just leave coffee beans to infuse in the cream for a few hours.
Ingredients for semifreddo (for a 26×12 cm mold)
- 340 ml of fresh liquid cream
- 40 g of coffee beans Premium Mezdè
- 570 g of mascarpone
- 9 savoiardi
Ingredients for meringue
- 85 g of egg whites
- 270 g of sugar
- 60 ml of water
- 1 pinch of salt
Ingredients for soaking
- Coffee Mezdè Premium to taste
- Sugar to taste
Ingredients for decorating
- 100 g of dark chocolate
- To make semifreddo with tiramisù, infuse coffee beans in the cream: in this way cream will be flavored with coffee without absorbing its color. Cover with contact film and leave in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Italian meringue: put sugar in a saucepan, keeping two spoons aside. Pour water and heat over moderate heat to form the syrup. Soak a food thermometer to make sure that syrup reaches 121°.
- When syrup has reached 115°, start whipping egg whites with a pinch of salt in a mixer equipped with a whisk; when egg whites begin to become clear, add the remaining sugar. Once the syrup reaches 121°, pour it flush into the mixer in action. Continue whipping until the meringue is cold.
- Filter coffee from cream with a strainer and whip it until stiff with the electric whisk.
- In a separate bowl, soften mascarpone and then add it to the Italian meringue with a spatula; also gently incorporates cream. Pour the mixture into a 26×12 cm plumcake mold with a 7 cm high edge. Fill the mold to the brim and spatula the surface to level it. Place the mold in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare coffee, transfer it to a large bowl, sugar it to taste and let it cool. Cut out the tip of savoiardi to flatten it. Pick up semifreddo, soak savoiardi quickly and distribute them on the surface of the cake next to each other. Cover the entire surface, then store in the freezer for at least two more hours.
- After the firming time, take semifreddo out of the freezer and take it out of the oven. To facilitate this, you can immerse the mold in boiling water for a few moments. Turn semifreddo onto a serving plate and, if necessary, level the surface with a spatula.
- With a potato peeler, make some dark chocolate curls and garnish the cake.
Semifreddo with Tiramisù is ready to be enjoyed!