This version of the traditional American cheesecake has a soft and fresh taste, thanks to the addition of coffee in the cream. A delicate and enveloping sweet, to be decorated with coffee beans or dark chocolate-covered beans, to make it even more inviting.
Ingredients for base
- 100 g of butter
- 180 g dry biscuits
Ingredients for syrup
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 50 ml hot water
- 1 tablespoon of instant coffee
Ingredients for cream
- 500 g of spreadable fresh cheese
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee
- 10 g of isinglass
- 120 g of granulated sugar
- 50 ml of hot water
- 200 g of fresh liquid cream
Ingredients for decoration
- 200 g of spreadable fresh cheese
- 2 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon of hot water
- coffee beans
- half a tablespoon of instant coffee
- Start preparing the bottom: put the dry cookies in the mixer, then chop them finely and then transfer them into a bowl.
- Place butter in a pan and let it melt over low heat; when it is melted, let it slightly cool and pour gradually into the bowl with the biscuits chopped, mixing well. Butter a cake tin, preferably in an opening circle, 22 cm in diameter
- Cut out a baking sheet disc of the same diameter as the bottom of the cake tin and two strips of the same height as the edges, then line the cake tin itself
- Pour the crumbled biscuits into the cake tin covered with baking paper and, with the help of a spoon, compact the biscuit base well
- Now put the base in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (or in the freezer for 10 minutes) to compact
- Now go on to prepare the syrup: in a small bowl pour hot water, sugar and a spoonful of instant coffee.
- Mix to make coffee melt
- Take out the base of biscuits from the fridge to wet it with this syrup: with the help of a brush, carefully paint the bottom of biscuits with syrup and put it back in the refrigerator for at least another 25 minutes
- Dedicate to the filling: put to soak the fish glue in a little cold water.
- Now heat 50 ml of water in a saucepan and melt two tablespoons of instant coffee and 70 g of sugar over low heat by mixing the ingredients
- Squeeze fish glue and add it to the pot with coffee, stirring until fish glue is melted and let cool
- In a large bowl, work the spreadable cheese with an electric mixer or a hand whisk, add coffee where you have melted the isinglass and mix everything well
- When mixture has a smooth and homogeneous consistency, pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Separately, whip cream with the electric mixer or a hand whip: add the remaining granulated sugar to fresh liquid cream and mount the mixture
- Then add the whipped cream to the mixture of spreadable cheese and coffee and mix it with a spatula until you get a smooth and homogeneous cream.
- Now you can compose coffee cheesecake: remove cake from fridge and pour cream on the base of cookies.
- Take care to even the surface with a spatula and place it in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Then you can churn it out
- At this point proceed to the decoration: in a bowl work cheese spread with powdered sugar, add the instant coffee dissolved in a little water and mix the ingredients with a whisk until you get a homogeneous mixture
- Put the cream obtained in a sac àpoche with a star-shaped nozzle and squeeze tufts all along edge and in center of the cake
- You can complete your decoration by adding coffee beans on top of each tuft of cream, or grains covered with dark chocolate