101RECIPES: Coffee Muffins
While you are arguing about the origin of muffins with our French and German friends, we Italians have long since welcomed this recipe, which is very appreciated by Italians. At 101CAFFE’, we have personalized this recipe for coffee lovers in all its shapes.
Ingredients (for 6 muffins)
• 170 g flour
• 100 g granulated sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 pinch of salt
• 1 egg
• 50 g peanut oil
• 80 g plain yogurt
• 3 espresso cups Sicily coffee
- Prepare coffee and let it cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In another bowl, pour the egg and the sugar: whip them with a whisk or electric mixer until the mixture is homogeneous, light and fluffy.
- Add the oil to this mixture and continue whipping.
- Now add the 3 espresso cups of (cold) coffee and the yogurt and mix with a wooden spoon, from bottom to top.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients (i.e. the flour and the baking powder) and stir until obtaining a smooth and dense mixture.
- Now divide the batter into 6 muffin cups using a spoon or a pastry bag.
- Fill them two-thirds full, leaving a half-inch gap from the surface.
- Place the filled cups on a baking tray.
- Bake at 356F/180°C in a static oven (preheated) and cook for 20/25 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from the oven but let them cool before eating.
- You can decorate each muffin with a coffee bean, to give this delicious cake an extra touch of coffee.
You can store them under a glass bell for 2-3 days: it will help to keep them moist and pretty! Unless you’ll eat them all right away!
101RECIPES101RECIPES: Cheesecake with cappuccino Cappuccino ... what a passion! Italians have dozens of variations: today we suggest you to enjoy it in a cheesecake. Ready?Ingredients 300 gr of dry cookies 180 ml of milk 100 gr of butter 650 gr di cheese spread 200 gr...
101RECIPES101RECIPES: Grandpa’s Coffee CreamIt is not the well-known industrial “Coppa del Nonno” but a much softer, home-made cream, surely as tasty as the first one.An easy and quick recipe to make,suitable for all.To keep in the fridge just in case you feel like...
101RECIPES 101RECIPES: Cuor di Tazzu (Heart of Tazzu) We dedicate this recipe to those who love the traditional Italian home made espresso cup (in Neapolitan dialect “Tazzulella” means “little espresso cup”) but with some seducing variations and a surprising ending....