101RECIPES Coffee marinated lamb, radicchio jam and potato cream
Lamb is a very particular type of meat, with an intense and herbaceous taste.
Try mixing it with coffee, using it as a spice!
We suggest you marinate the lamb raw, then burn it in the pan. In this way, the liquid coffee will disappear leaving room for the toasted aroma, while the herbaceous taste will fade on the palate, losing its original intensity. As a side dish, we opted for radicchio and potatoes to make a jam and a cream.
- 1 piece of lamb loin
- 500 ml 100% Arabica coffee Grigna
- fresh rosemary
- extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g of radicchio
- 200 g of white sugar
- 300 ml white wine
- 3 potatoes
- 500 ml of milk
- ground coffee
- flowers of thyme
Procedure for lamb
- Completely degrease loin and marinate it in coffee together with a sprig of rosemary for 24 hours
- Once ready, dry it well and plate it in a hot pan with olive oil for about 2 minutes (until you get a crispy crust around)
- Put it in the oven at 180° C for 3 minutes
- Cooked loin will give off a tasty scent of roasted coffee, but inside it will remain pink, keeping meat flavor intact.
Procedure for radicchio jam
- Cut radicchio into thin julienne strips and cook over low heat with sugar
- When water has spilled out, add wine and cook for about 60 minutes
- Drain radicchio and further reduce the emulsion obtained; once reduced by about 2/3, add it to the compote and mix well.
Procedure for potatoes cream
- Peel baked potatoes and cover them with milk.
- Once cooked, whisk them adding extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
Serve by placing a strip of potato cream at the base of the plate, a spoonful of radicchio compote and lamb loin cut into thick slices, decorate with ground coffee powder and thyme flowers to taste.
Discover the 101CAFFE''s recipes
101RECIPES: Chocolate and Coffee Molten Lava Cake Would you like to delight your palate with a soft and indulgent dessert? Try the coffee molten lava cakes with a dark chocolate heart. This dessert combines the robust aroma of coffee with the richness of dark...
101RECIPES: Coffee Ricotta Cannoli Today, we'll guide you through an authentic Sicilian delicacy with a touch of coffee that you'll surely appreciate - delicious coffee ricotta cannoli. These sweets are famous for their crispiness and creamy ricotta and coffee-based...
101RECIPES: Coffee Crepes If you want to start your day with a truly special breakfast or conclude a dinner with a delightful dessert, coffee crepes are the perfect choice. This recipe will guide you step by step in making thin and aromatic crepes, with a touch of...