101RECIPES Coffee ricotta mousse
In this recipe we have combined coffee with ricotta to obtain a foamy and delicate mousse.
We have decorated it with chocolate chips, you can add chopped hazelnuts, muesli and other ingredients, to create always different combinations.
Check your pantry and free your imagination!
- 4 g of gelatin in sheets
- 20 g of bitter cocoa
- 1 tablespoon of instant barley coffee
- ½ sachet of vanillin
- 70 g of sugar
- 150 g of ricotta
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 dl of whole milk
- 2 egg whites
- chocolate chips to taste
- Soften gelatine in sheets in cold water.
- In a bowl, mix the cocoa with instant coffee, vanillin and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Put ricotta in a large bowl and work it with a wooden spoon.
- Beat egg yolk in a pot, pour in milk and cook for 6-8 minutes over medium heat, stirring with a whisk.
- Remove from heat, squeeze gelatine, add to mixture and melt.
- Incorporate hot mixture to cocoa mixture, mix with whisk and let cool.
- Add mixture to ricotta and work it all gently to obtain a soft and homogeneous cream.
- Cover bowl with film and transfer everything to the refrigerator.
- Melt the remaining sugar in a pan with 3 tablespoons of water and cook over medium heat, until you get a syrup.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, add syrup and continue to whip for a few minutes. Finally, gently mix egg white mixture with ricotta mixture.
- Pour coffee ricotta mousse with coffee into 4 dessert cups.
- Decorate to taste with chocolate chips
Our barley coffee tiramisu is ready to make you look good ?