101RECIPES: Tenerina coffee cake
Tenerina cake is a dessert of the Ferrara tradition: a soft dark chocolate base with a crispy crust and a tender heart.
Try it in its coffee variant!
- 200 g of dark chocolate
- 3 medium eggs
- 150 g of sugar
- 60 g of flour
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 g of butter
- 80 ml of coffee (Choose between 101CAFFE’ Premium coffee)
- Chop the dark chocolate and melt it in a water bath until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Cut cold butter into cubes and add it, 2 cubes at a time, to the melted chocolate still on fire, taking care to mix it well before adding more.
- When you have melted all the butter, remove the saucepan from heat and let the mixture cool.
- In the meantime, whip egg yolks with half the sugar, until you get a light and frothy mixture.
Still whipping, add chocolate and butter mixture to yolks and sugar mixture. Incorporate warm milk, flour and coffee, until a homogeneous and lump-free mixture is obtained.
- Whisk egg whites with a pinch of salt and the remaining sugar: beat until they form a compact white cream; then, with a wooden spoon or a spatula, gently incorporate egg whites beaten until stiff with sugar and chocolate mixture, mixing from the bottom upwards.
- Line a 24 cm diameter cake tin with parchment paper and pour cake dough evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180° for 25-30 minutes, then turn off the oven, and let the cake cool down keeping the oven door ajar.
- Once cool, gently remove your cake from the mold and place it on a serving plate.
Your Tenerina cake is ready!
You can keep it under a glass bell jar, even at room temperature, for 3-4 days maximum.
Discover the 101CAFFE''s recipes
101RECIPES: Coffee Crepes If you want to start your day with a truly special breakfast or conclude a dinner with a delightful dessert, coffee crepes are the perfect choice. This recipe will guide you step by step in making thin and aromatic crepes, with a touch of...
101RECIPES: Coffee Gnocchi with Asparagus and Hazelnuts Coffee gnocchi with asparagus and hazelnuts: a special first course that combines unexpected and delicious flavors. The unique combination of coffee, fresh asparagus, and crunchy hazelnuts gives this dish an...
101RECIPES: Beer-Braised Artichokes with Coffee and Honey Beer-braised artichokes with coffee and honey is a special recipe that combines unusual ingredients to create a unique and intriguing flavor. The sweetness of honey blends with the bitterness of coffee and the...