101RECIPES: Tenerina coffee cake
Tenerina cake is a dessert of the Ferrara tradition: a soft dark chocolate base with a crispy crust and a tender heart.
Try it in its coffee variant!
- 200 g of dark chocolate
- 3 medium eggs
- 150 g of sugar
- 60 g of flour
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 g of butter
- 80 ml of coffee (Choose between 101CAFFE’ Premium coffee)
- Chop the dark chocolate and melt it in a water bath until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Cut cold butter into cubes and add it, 2 cubes at a time, to the melted chocolate still on fire, taking care to mix it well before adding more.
- When you have melted all the butter, remove the saucepan from heat and let the mixture cool.
- In the meantime, whip egg yolks with half the sugar, until you get a light and frothy mixture.
Still whipping, add chocolate and butter mixture to yolks and sugar mixture. Incorporate warm milk, flour and coffee, until a homogeneous and lump-free mixture is obtained.
- Whisk egg whites with a pinch of salt and the remaining sugar: beat until they form a compact white cream; then, with a wooden spoon or a spatula, gently incorporate egg whites beaten until stiff with sugar and chocolate mixture, mixing from the bottom upwards.
- Line a 24 cm diameter cake tin with parchment paper and pour cake dough evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180° for 25-30 minutes, then turn off the oven, and let the cake cool down keeping the oven door ajar.
- Once cool, gently remove your cake from the mold and place it on a serving plate.
Your Tenerina cake is ready!
You can keep it under a glass bell jar, even at room temperature, for 3-4 days maximum.
101NEWSThe Road Cycling World Championships back to Italy: 101CAFFE’ alongside the athletesFrom 24 to 27 September the “Campionati del Mondo di Ciclismo su Strada” (Road Cycling World Championships) is back to Italy, seven years after the 2013 edition in Tuscany and...
101RECIPES101RECIPES Rustic coffee biscuitsToday we joke you with coffee flavored shortbread biscuits, crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside! Easy and quick to prepare, they are ideal to serve with a cup of milk or tea. Try to prepare them too, perhaps using...
101RECIPES101RECIPES: Coffee puddingFor a dessert or for a tasty snack, today we suggest you to replace your cup with a glass cup, and espresso with a cold velvety texture…We’ll have a spoon tasting instead of sips! Ingredients ½ liter of milk 4 egg yolks 2 spoons of...