Cold yogurt and coffee cake
A cup of coffee, which you did not drink in your morning rush, and two jars of yogurt, which never fail in the fridge: these and a few other ingredients for a fresh and delicate cold yogurt and coffee cake. A recipe to prepare without cooking, with a biscuit base, similar to a cheesecake, which contains a creamy filling of yogurt and coffee.
Ingredients for the base
- 230 g of dry biscuits
- 100 g of butter
- 1 spoon full of brown sugar
Ingredients for the cream
- 500 g of creamy coffee yogurt
- 300 ml of whipping cream
- 8 g of fish glue (about 4 sheets)
- 70-80 g of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or vanilla aroma)
- 30-50 ml of unsweetened coffee at room temperature (taste Napoletano by 101CAFFE’)
- 1-2 teaspoons of instant coffee
- bitter cocoa as required
Procedure for the base
- Mince cookies in a mixer
- Melt butter in a pot and add it to crumbled biscuits and brown sugar
- Mix to incorporate it completely
- Cover with baking paper a 22-24 cm diameter cake
- Pour crumbled biscuits and compact biscuit base with the back of a spoon
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Procedure for the cream
- Put isinglass in cold water for at least 10 minutes
- In a bowl, whip cream with whips
- Add yoghurt to coffee, liquid coffee, vanilla and granulated sugar, then blend until all is incorporated
- Heat in a pan 2 spoons of cream to be whipped liquid, together with instant coffee
- Add well squeezed isinglass and mix all
- Melt isinglass to avoid lumps
- Let cool slightly and add to the mixture of yoghurt and cream previously prepared, then mix with whisks at low speed
- Pour yoghurt filling on the base of cookies you have previously prepared and let rest in the refrigerator for at least six hours
- Finally add bitter cocoa on the surface, for a pleasant contrast
- Serve your cake cold, and enjoy it in all its creamy goodness!
Discover the 101CAFFE''s recipes
101RECIPES: Coffee Crepes If you want to start your day with a truly special breakfast or conclude a dinner with a delightful dessert, coffee crepes are the perfect choice. This recipe will guide you step by step in making thin and aromatic crepes, with a touch of...
101RECIPES: Coffee Gnocchi with Asparagus and Hazelnuts Coffee gnocchi with asparagus and hazelnuts: a special first course that combines unexpected and delicious flavors. The unique combination of coffee, fresh asparagus, and crunchy hazelnuts gives this dish an...
101RECIPES: Beer-Braised Artichokes with Coffee and Honey Beer-braised artichokes with coffee and honey is a special recipe that combines unusual ingredients to create a unique and intriguing flavor. The sweetness of honey blends with the bitterness of coffee and the...